mercoledì 29 novembre 2017

Archetype: The Aberrant Lord (Sorcerer)

My magnificent readers!
One of my infinite quests in the world of players' options for Pathfinder was always... THE PERFECT SHAPESHIFTER!
And with perfect shapeshifter I mean Cyborg 007.




(Here... now I spoilered my favorite manga/anime of a life... so your souls are MINE if you dare to betray our pact! Expect MANY other posts about these characters!)
Disappointments and desires followed one another in these last years. I wanted someone able to change shape for extended periods of time, to assume object shapes, mixed shapes, good at acting, stealth and espionage. A Druid was not versatile enough (and the character's NOT a nature priest). An alchemist could do well (he is an ex-drunkard), but has no access to the most powerful polymorph spells. A sorcerer could be better? I can't figure him using bardic performance, either. For a long time, the Shifter from Spheres of Power was the thing most fit to what I was searching for. (Let's forget the official Pathfinder Shifter... it's a completely different thing).
Then I read Ultimate Intrigue. And then, Legacy of the First World. I was almost chanting Hallelujah, but something was still missing.
Till In The Company of Aberrations came out. Thank you Wendall Roy! You opened a whole new world to me! The Aberrant Champion archetype was a little too taxing to take, but who says I need it? So now I know. Cyborg 007 is a Master Spy/Rogue (Master of Disguise)/Sorcerer (Crossblooded Aberrant/Shapechanger + ...this archetype!)

Aberrant Lord
The descendants of the most improbable monsters bear in their blood the potential to unlock the strangest and most diverse powers.
Strange Bloodline: An aberrant lord must have the Aberrant or Shapechanger bloodline.
Aberrant Heritage: At 1st level, an aberrant lord chooses an alien heritage (see In The Company of Aberrations). Whenever he would gain a bloodline power, he may instead take an alien heritage power. At 1st level, the 1st-level power can be chosen; at 3rd level, the 3rd-level power; at 9th level, the 7th-level power; at 15th level, the 11th-level power; and at 20th level, the 17th-level power. This modifies the sorcerer's bloodline powers.

Expect very soon a character build too...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento